I’m from Florida, so March usually means sunshine, warm weather, and spring break. Boston must of missed the memo. Thirty degrees, cloudy, and a snowstorm rolling in tomorrow? Not my kind of spring break.
March also means another month has passed. As slow as January dragged on, February flew right by! Time to look back over the past month and see how this year’s resolutions are holding up.
Do one thing a day that makes me genuinely happy.
- Done and done. Whether it’s booking a trip home or curling up with a good book after a long day, it’s so important (and relaxing) to take the time to enjoy life and do the things that make you happy. (Chipotle has been a huge helping making that happen. Thank you burrito bowls.)
Book another life changing vacation.
- I think this needs to be a separate post…
Respect and love myself.
- A daily struggle to focus on the good things about me, rather than the things I don’t like. But lucky for me, I have an awesome family and friends who I surround myself with who help me see the beauty in me.
- I sucked at this in February. No weight gained, but no weight lost either. I tend to fluctuate about 5 pounds depending on the day – February was spent fluctuating a lot. March, on the other hand, has been off to a good start!
Do one active thing a day.
- Again, unless day drinking and running around Boston in a stupor counts (which I obviously thing it does) February was not my best month. But it’s never too late to turn things around!
Drink more water and less soda.
- I’m definitely getting better at cutting out Diet Coke. I’ve gone down to one a day, which may seem like a lot to some – but it’s definitely a improvement from January. Progress people!
Be more organized (in all aspects of life).
- Fail. Just fail fail fail. Currently my room is a mess, I have 4 loads of laundry to do, my activities for work are overdue and I never blog. What exactly am I doing with my time? Anyone want to buy me a life organizer?
At the end of 2013, have no regrets.
- ^^^My thoughts exactly.
All in all, resolutions have kind of taken a backseat this past month, but it’s nothing that can’t be fixed. It’s never too late to jump back on the wagon so March, bring it on!
Let’s Talk – What are you looking forward to in March?