Holy moly, finally February is here! Is it just me, or did anyone else feel like January was dragging by? Maybe it was my post-holiday blues, but I couldn’t be happier to start a new month. With a new month is a new fresh start, one that started off on a great foot in Ohio. But we’ll get to that tomorrow.
Right now I’m going to do a quick recap of my new years resolutions and how I’ve been
sucking at keeping them doing so far. Let’s take a look!
Do one thing a day that genuinely makes me happy.
- I can’t say I’ve gone out of my way every day to do something that makes me happy, but I’m definitely trying to focus on the positives rather than negatives in every situation. This is one resolution that I’m going to try to stick to. When I look back I want to be content with the life I’ve lived. “All that I’m after is a life full of laughter”
Book another life changing vacation.
- Not yet, but this is a work in progress! Research is currently being done, vacation days are being saved, and money is being put into a “travel” bank account. Now I just need some ideas on WHERE to go so feel free to share!
Respect and love myself.
- Taking this one day by day and trying to focus on loving myself first and foremost before looking for love with someone else. Baby steps!
- I’ve gone down in weight, but it’s mainly from being on the go and not having time to eat three meals a day. Not the healthiest way to go and I really want to focus on eating and living well. Yet another work-in-progress resolution.
Do one active thing a day.
- I’m proud to say that I’ve been pretty good about this! Days I can’t make it to the gym I try to go for walks or just do a plank in my room before bed. I won’t say I’ve done something active every day, but even the littlest things can make a difference.
Drink more water and less soda.
- I’m happy to say that I am slowly decreasing my daily intake of Diet
CrackCoke. I’m not going to go cold turkey (mainly because I know I’ll turn into a super bitch) but I am drinking less soda and replacing my lunch time DC with a large ice water. PROGRESS PEOPLE – WOO!
Be more organized in all aspects of life.
- Another work in progress. There’s days I have my shit together like no other, and there’s days (like today) where everything is a mess. Since making this resolution, I’ve made the time to take a couple minutes every day to clean up the clothes off my floor, organize my desk, and lay out my clothes for the next day. The little extra effort definitely helps!
At the end of 2013, I don’t want to look back with any regrets.
- I can happily say that I have not had any regrets in 2013 to date. Let’s keep it going!
Okay, this really isn’t a post, but I finally updated my “Meet Sara” page. It was seriously about time.
I’m loving my Tales of a Travel Addict series I’ve started here on the blog. I’m having such a blast reliving the memories from each of the cities. You can read about my travels in London and Amsterdam, and stay tuned for one coming about Berlin this week!
I enjoyed the discussion this post caused regarding the Paleo diet. As always, there are both sides to every argument and it was nice to hear from both perspectives!
I loved talking about my favorite way to escape from reality and share some of my favorite books with you all. I’ve been going crazy reading on my Kindle lately, so you can bet another post will be coming soon!
Let’s Talk – Have you kept up with your NY Resolutions? What was your favorite moment in January?